Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WILDFANG


  So I was doing a little bit of blog surfing (as usual) and I came across this new clothing brand, Wildfang. Typically I like to browse around and find new places to shop, and I thought the name was pretty unique so I decided to read the article on their launching [Read the article]. I knew that when I saw Kate Moennig that I was going to pay close attention to whatever she was selling #girlcrush. Any-who, she recently became employed to Wildfang. The name means "tomboy" in German.  What's even more cool about this new online shopping destination is that it is created for the androgynous woman. I love wearing dresses and skirts, but it's nothing like over-sized menswear. I know that most women don't like to "dress like a boy" but there's ways around that. You may not realize it, but that over-sized sweater you picked up from the thrift store, the x-large button-down you stole from your boyfriends closet to pair with some tights, or the 80s inspired over-sized blazer were all inspired by menswear. 
But this site has more than just that to prove. They are embracing their tomboy identity and building empires from it. They want to liberate menswear and take away the stigma that society has put on women who feel more comfortable in a pair of pants. I love a good societal attack, and I love it even more when people don't let society affect who they truly desire to be. But, before I get off into my rascal rant, I want to say that I cannot wait to see what is in store for them.

Wildfang-2.jpg
I thought this little excerpt from their site that launched on February 2nd. 
WILD FANG
IS NOT A BRAND. WE ARE A BAND. MORE SPECIFICALLY, WE ARE A BAND OF THIEVES MODERN-DAY, FEMALE ROBIN HOODS RAIDING MEN'S CLOSETS AND MANIACALLY DISPENSING BLAZERS, CARDIGANS, WINDTIPS AND BOWLERS AS WE ROAM FROM TOWN TO TOWN IN THESE STOLEN STYLES OF OURS. LIKE YOU, WE ARE TOMBOYS BUT LIKE YOU WE ARE ALSO FRIENDS AND SISTERS, HEROINES AND HELLIONS, RASCALS, ROCKERS, SHAPESHIFTERS AND TRENDSETTERS. WE'RE HERE TO LIBERATE MENSWEAR ONE BOWTIE AT A TIME AND WE'RE DOING IT OURSELVES BECAUSE WE WANT IT DONE RIGHT. SO, WELCOME IT JUST SO HAPPENS YOU'VE HAPPENED UPON THE FRONT DOOR OF THIS REVOLUTION AND THE PASSWORD IS QUITE SIMPLY THAT LOOK IN YOUR EYES. YOU KNOW THE ONE, THE ONE THAT SAYS "PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT LATE FOR THE PARTY?!" TO WHICH WE'D REPLY: HELL, NO. YOU'RE RIGHT ON TIME. 

cool,

Chelcie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!

love,
Chelcie