Sunday, June 1, 2014

Life | Master Update (Sort of)


(finger courtesy of Morgan Marie)

Wow, I haven't posted in while and I have yet to identify how I feel about that. So much has happened and I'm not even sure if I remember it all. All I know is that fashion is everywhere these days and for that we can thank social media. [Sidenote: I'm becoming really bad with social media :/\]. Things really started to pile up around the month of April. It was the month that I started a new job, and finished my last spring semester (hopefully)! I joined Austere Magazine near the end of the issue of the Edit Fashion Book as a staff editorial stylist which led to lots of house shows and red cups. I met lots of people and even entered some pieces into the Edit Fashion Book (which I'm elated about). But sadly, it was the month I left Method Seven Magazine. But I am very glad that I had the opportunity to get my final piece in last issue before my departure. School had taken over my life and I had to leave my wonderful and comfortable desk job. But, I didn't want to get complacent with sitting behind a desk especially since it was so distant from my dream job. Took a leap faith and now I have had to leap back after setback of leaving that job. "It was the best of times and it was the worst of times." We'll just say that I'm making swift moves to make sure that I am equipped with qualities that will be beneficial in the long-term even though I made a short term decision. Oh well. 

Anyways, no wallowing in the past. The time off has opened my schedule to summer school and fashion gigs. I've been surrounded in so much positive energy that I think that after a series of unfortunate events, my good karma is finally revolving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!

love,
Chelcie