Friday, December 20, 2013

HOUSTON PR GIRLS | Sim Thug x Paul Wall Toy Drive Houston

 
I felt like I was reuniting with my family when I decided to join my best friend, Dominique, for her PR event with Slim Thug and Paul Wall. They hosted Toy Drives on the Northside and Southside of Houston to reach out to the community as we entered the holiday season.  I grew up around rappers, so my dad always kept me away from the limelight, even though as I got older, I realized that those were the people that I enjoyed being around the most. Hence my desire to be a celebrity stylist. The fame doesn't phase me, but I do enjoy being able to go anywhere that I want with front row access as superficial as that sounds. I love music so that's a whole different story. 

At first I was hesitant to speak because I have this issue with looking like a groupie. .Yes, I know these people, but others don't know that and I don't like to look like a diddy bop (*laughs*). It was refreshing once I finally caught Paul by himself and I got to catch up with him for a little while. At first he didn't recognize me since I hadn't seen him since before he moved to California. He just kept saying, "I can't believe you are 22. Mannnn we gettin' old. Lil G-Dash" G-Dash is my dad's camaraderie name, I've learned. I hadn't seen Slim since I was very young and he was still wearing beads at the end of his long braids. All he could say was "mannn" when he saw me, which is common in Houston and quite funny when you consider the circumstances. Anyways, I met a lot of cool people that really just help me to appreciate that Houston culture. It fun to help out with the Houston PR Girls. Slim and Paul signed autographs and took pictures with fans and it was humbling experience just to watch; I'm glad that I could witness it. 

From H-Town with love, 

Chelcie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!

love,
Chelcie