Thursday, December 19, 2013

Review of the CHANEL Paris-Dallas 2013/14 Métiers d'Art show

Hey!

Okay, so I will say that initially after hearing the details of the post-Chanel show critics, I was not too fond of the typical country cowboy theme that seems to flow through people's minds when they think of Texas. However, after reading a bit of the inspiration behind the rodeo style runway, I began to appreciate the direction of it all a little more. In the words of Karl Lagerfeld, "I didn't want the famous Cowboy Hat everybody knows. There's a mix of the kind of refined American culture from the early years of the 19th century but put into the 21st century. It's an idea, it's a feeling... I wanted a poetic touch" (source: Dallas Fashion Calendar, read more here.) After seeing those words, it made it relevant that Lagerfeld's vision is embedded in the culture of Texas whether I like to except it or not. I love the fact that he didn't take a predictable route, but used inspiration from further back in our history to interpret Chanel's modernity. 

The clothing was absolutely beautiful. I saw several pieces that I know if I could afford it , it would definitely be hanging in my closet. But, more than the clothing, I LOVED the accessories. Whomever styled the runway show is surely a beast with coordination. I loved the chunkiness and godliness of all the pieces. Chanel's accessories happens to be my favorite entity of the label. My first thought is pearls and c's dangling from a long link-and-chain necklace. I enjoyed watching the show via video because I was able to pause and rewind to specific details of the show that I wanted to see. I know that it would have been ten times better to actually smell the cow manure and feel the breeze of the models walking by, but this will certainly suffice. I now feel like I was there. That's enough for me!

What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!

love,
Chelcie