Sunday, May 5, 2013

Charity Event for the AIDS Outreach Center featuring the designer Edgar Gomez


Yesterday I had the opportunity to work along side several talented stylists, models, fashion professionals and of course the stunning Edgar Gomez. His designs were breathtaking. This was my first show working with the Dragonfly agency and it went great. Everyone kept saying, "this is only the calm before the storm" every time the room would get quiet prior to the show starting. I love working runway because the energy in the room is fierce. Even the backstage photographer could feel it. As soon as the first model was called to the stage, all of us stylists turned into wardrobe robots, undressing models and then dressing them again in their second looks. I thought it would be a lot more hectic, but under the direction of the wonderful fashion stylist, Juan Lerma, the show ran very smoothly. It was fun, interactive and the atmosphere was full of positive energy. I met some really notable people and the houses that surrounded the location was just another fashion statement in itself. I had never seen so many diamonds or Loubitins in my life. The entire experience was just motivation. Ready for round 2.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Sounds/looks like you had a lot of fun. What a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly was! I was so grateful to have been apart of this production. The people were so interactive and sociable. It was a great eye-opener to what I want to do as a career and motivation for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!

love,
Chelcie